Sunday, September 14, 2014

Feathers

Well, I Said I wanted this challenge To be about the process, so I am starting at the beginning of mine.  I have had this page(s) in my journal for a while and thought I would like to convert it to a piece, so My first step is to look at the page and think about how I am going to construct it.
As you can see there are several pages to the spread and I want to maintain it in my piece.  Obviously, I need to change the proportions to make the finished ones fit our challenge size, so I will probably have to upsize my stencils and masks as well.  How I am going to recreate the torn edges in fabric, I am not sure, but we will see, won't we?


5 comments:

  1. It's wonderful creative thing.These designs are mind blowing.It has so many colors are there.It looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is going to be great to follow did not know you had this blog too, any more I don`t know about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great starting point! It will be fun to watch it develop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early inspiration is good. I am still waiting for a book to arrive which details the process I want to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal piece and I look forward to seeing you recreate it in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete