Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Games People Play?

A few days ago as I was laying on the carpet relaxing after some yoga and exercises I felt a very gentle nudge of my hand. I turned my head to see Nicolas, one of our dogs, asking as nicely as he could to please throw the tennis ball that I was holding in my hand. I was still holding it after having used it to help work out a muscle kink. I tossed the ball and he happily ran after it, returned with it but didn't give it up until we had wrestled over it for awhile. This is his game. The little light bulb went on again; games aren't limited to people. We've discussed how people play games, not always the board, card or sports ones either. Games certainly can take on endless meanings and be interpreted in just as many ways.
This is Cleo, playing one of her games with some favorite toys.

5 comments:

  1. It seems like the possibilities are endless. Now to decide on something and begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibillities are endless indeed! I’m still switching from one idea to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree I have not settled on one idea yet either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! We have a border collie who will chase balls or frisbees until she drops. These theme could really go beyond human games, couldn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I had been thinking about cat and mouse, but can't quite settle on any one idea yet. I have two that I am going to have to do, both very different.

    ReplyDelete